MLG at Art Law Conference 2022
Rakhel Milstein represented MLG at last week’s Art Law Conference in NYC, an annual event celebrating “all things art and law,” offering educational resources and programming for the “advancement of a vibrant arts and law community.”
Panels included the following topics:
- Immigration Law and Asylum for Artists
- Thinking Creatively about Estate and Legacy Planning for Artists
- Artist-Dealer Relationships in the 21st Century.
Rakhel moderated the panel: Immigrants, Political Refugees, Artists: Legal Lessons from Asylum Work and Afghan Artists. The discussion featured three smart, accomplished people in the arts world. Many thanks for a great, informative conversation to our colleagues:
- Sanjay Sethi, Co-Executive Director, Artistic Freedom Initiative
- Lesley Rosenthal, Chief Operating Officer and Corporate Secretary, The Juilliard School; author of Good Counsel: Meeting the Legal Needs of Nonprofits (John Wiley & Sons 2012)
- Mohamed Khelif (Hammadi Khelifi), writer from Tunisia; attorney, Refugee Translation Project
After the event, a reception honored Judith Bresler, recognized leader in the field and co-author of the seminal Art Law treatise. The evening concluded with a tour highlighting the stunning collection of artwork at New York Law School, including works from artists such as Emilio Sanchez and Keith Haring, among several others.
Many thanks to the Art Law Center for including MLG and to all of the attendees who contribute to NYC’s illustrious art—and law—world!